Darn it, why is it always when you really need to O or get AF that neither will come along? I was anxious enough about it by yesterday evening that I decided to risk annoying Dr H even before starting the cycle and emailed him (at 4:51pm) with my questions about whether I should consider an HCG shot or do a round of provera. Amazingly, he emailed back at 4:58pm to say that HCG wouldn't be such a good idea, but I should come in next week for U/S and bloodwork and to sort the provera out so we can stay on track. I just love a doc who's a quick responder to email (and who's got to have a Blackberry given that response time, yet didn't seem to have it on him during our 45min consult) and who'll really listen to my concerns.
Let's hope tomorrow brings the temp rise, and then I have a short LP for a change (which might well happen without the meds), and then I can get on with this cycle!
And in other news, I'm freaking out about my Royal College exam, with only 3 weeks to go now before the written. I don't think there's any way I can possibly get through reviewing all the stuff (I went through 11 years of old multiple choice exams to study) before then. I guess I'll just have to do my best and then wing it. And though I've got the last week before the exams off, I think I might need to take an extra couple days before then too if work will let me. It's too bad I'm really enjoying where I'm working right now, and don't necessarily want to lose out on time there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, this is life where the Red Barren (af) is concerned!!! It blows!
Good luck on studying - as if you need that stress at the same time!
Re: your comment on my blog
Hoping for good news at your end! I can't imagine why they'd deny you Provera. That is the one script I get from other doctors whenever I ask for it.
Saw that you get to start the pill tomorrow - congrats!
(Am thinking that I shouldn't have joined the buddy thread on ivf.ca - am not going to have enough time to keep up with it...)
Post a Comment