Well, last month's cycle (as expected given the abysmal sperm) turned out BFN. I had my hopes up again at the end using OPK's as HPTs and thinking the line was getting darker. Checking out my dried up pee sticks over and over again through the day. Until I woke up on 12dpo and decided I couldn't take the suspense any longer and needed to see if I had any HCG in me or not. It was a 2. So no, sadly, I'm not pregnant yet again.
Then I start feeling like a bitch because I'm starting to get mad at him (just a little) about IF. The last 3 years I thought the problem was basically me, and now find out it's probably got even more to do with his crummy old sperm. And poor performance on collecting the specimens 'cause he's not "in the mood", or the weather's bad, or it's too early in the morning, or he's just tired. He'd better start taking his vitamins regularly like I tell him to, or I'll get even more pissed that I'm doing all this stuff - stabbing myself in the belly multiple times a month, let alone the bigger HCG shot in the ass, early morning dates with the dildocam at inopportune times, taking time off work for the IUI, all the blood draws that are giving me track marks - but he won't put a little bit of effort in when it counts.
Only 1.5 weeks till our IVF consult, and then I just want to get a cycle underway asap. Screw my big exams coming up. The IF is killing me almost as much, and if I wait till June till the exams are all done, I'll just be even older and more tired, and more worried about the aging eggs and sperm and how to fit everything into my new job with long hours come July. I really hope we like Dr H.
Dr D wanted me to not take any drugs this month to give my body a rest, and I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea given that I want to get into IVF so soon. I'm sure I'll take my usual luteal progesterone, but for once I can avoid a few pills and a lot of shots and monitoring. I did get CD3 bloods drawn on Thurs so that hopefully all the infectious disease testing the IVF guy will need will have already been done. (Of course DH has his testing still to do, and noticed that one of the labs was open on Sat, but couldn't be bothered to go get it done. No, he'd rather wait till next Thurs, when our appointment is the Wed after that and the results probably won't be back yet. Another reason to be annoyed with him.)
Anyhow enough griping, and back to the studying. At least I got myself a script for sleeping pills yesterday for when the study/exam stress and IVF/infertility stress get to be too much...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment