Tuesday, July 3, 2012

CD3 - back on the pill

I had my baseline CD3 check today. Lining was 5mm, 10 antrals on one side, 15 antrals on the other. Too bad I'm not doing a fresh cycle to take advantage of them...
Met with the nurse, and got my pack of OCPs to take to help time the cycle. I started them tonight, and am to take them through next Tues, when I'll stop and hope for a Thus/Fri AF. Then another CD3 lining check, start the estrace, and then back on the 16th for my endometrial biopsy. I'll have a lining check around July 25-27, and then start prometrium July 30th for transfer on Aug 3rd.
I'm wondering if we're picking the right date. I could also do it Aug 16th, but will be post call that day and possibly tired and stressed. Aug 3rd I'm actually on vacation, so I should be pretty relaxed. Aug 16th, I wouldn't be on call for another 2 weeks. Aug 3rd, I'd be on call 5 days later. And again a week after that. Usually call isn't too stressful though, and I generally get a decent amount of sleep.
DH seems to prefer Aug 3rd, thinking it'll be less stress to do the transfer on vacation week and have the next 3 days off work after it. I suppose that's the key time for implantation, and after that it's more a matter of hoping the genetics work out.
Do you think there are any rules against swimming if you're on vaginal estrace and prometrium? K and I are going to the beach with my family while DH stays home and works the week of the transfer when I'll be on both meds. It wouldn't "wash out" if I went in the water with her, would it?
Please pray that we have a good outcome here!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a good question, can you ask your clinic? I would think you can still swim and take baths. Oh Kate, I really hope this works for you. It's gotta be hard with you and DH in such different places regarding a fresh cycle. I know my husband is far less enthusiastic about our FET than I am, but at least he's trying. Men... ;)

Victoria said...

Best wishes, Kate.