My little girl turned 1 today. I can't believe how the first year has flown by. She greeted me extra early with a wake up before 6am, and then refused to go back into bed. She was fine as long as I was holding her, but put her down and she'd be standing up in her crib and screaming again in less than a minute. What a way to start the day!
She loved the carrotcake cupcakes I made for her birthday. I decided to go without frosting to avoid giving her a huge load of sugar (and because Mum's visiting and she's now diabetic, and I figured she didn't need it either), and it sure seemed to be sweet enough for her.
Her Papa is out of town having fun for a week in Texas, so he missed singing her Happy Birthday with Mum and Tita, but we had fun opening a few presents and eating the cupcakes on our own.
I can't believe how fast the last year has flown by, and that this time last year I was struggling to take the weight off my poor swollen perineum while attempting to breastfeed K. She's changed so much in the last year. She seems to have mostly overome her strainger anxiety now, and was quite happy to be left with my Mum when I went off to work in the morning. She even managed to stand up balancing on her own for a good 5+ seconds this evening. I'm sure it won't be too long till she's starting to walk.
The anxiety seems to have settled down a bit, but the insomnia is still going on. I'm taking next week off work to see if a bit of a break will help. Hopefully I can go enjoy a trip to the park with Tita and K. And chill out and read my Worry Cure book. Hope it helps!

8 comments:
Happy First Birthday! Pop open a bottle of wine and celebrate!
Happy Birthday Kara! Many many more to come! :)
Happy Birthday to your precious, sweet, beautiful little girl!!!! It blows my mind that it's been a whole year. Just not possible.
Happy birthday, though I'm a bit late.
She's adorable. I'm waiting to hear about her first steps.
How is it possible it's been a whole year? Wasn't she just born? LOL
Happy Birthday Kara!!
YAY!!!! Hard to believe! Where does the time go?
Sorry I'm late on this, but Happy Birthday K! Time flies.
You'll have to post your thoughts on the Worry Cure when you get through some of it.
Happy Birthday little K. Looks like the cupcake was a big hit. Now maybe it's time to let your mama get a little more sleep.
Post a Comment