We took K to the doctor today for her 12 month checkup. We had to fill out a developmental questionnaire, and the only milestone we're not sure that she meets is the one about responding to a simple question or to a no. I think she gets what we mean when we say no, but she'll look at us seriously for a moment, then just keep on doing what we just told her not to. She's not at the stage yet of pointing to her shoes if you ask where her shoes are. Our nanny says she will point to her nose when asked, but we haven't seen that yet. Our doc said to not be worried, especially as she's being brought up in two languages.
The stats at 12mo8d: 10.385kg (22lb 14oz), 46cm HC, 79.5cm tall (31.3"). It's hard to believe she was so much smaller when she was born!
She got two sets of shots, MMR and meningococcus, in her arms, and didn't even cry when she got the needles. What a brave girl.
Next appointment is at 15months, but we're going to get the first two doses of the Hep A and B vaccine before that one comes around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Way to go, K!
Don't worry remotely about language. It's fantastic that she's being brought up with 2 languages and it's normal to have a so-called language 'delay' as a result. Research is showing that this is normal and that she'll not only catch up but be further ahead of one-language peers in a few years.
I'm sure she's right on developmentally. I think they only worry if you answer so many negatively. Michael totally ignores what I ask him to do all the time... but I'm pretty sure it's just defiance most of the time with him. And he didn't really start pointing to things and identifying them until after 13 months here. Today I tried to see if he could tell the cats apart... fail. But it was funny watching him try. (In fairness, it's not easy for me sometimes.)
Michael's 1 year appointment was the most traumatic experience he's ever gone through... other than birth. He got double teamed by nurses and had to get three shots, then my husband had to hold him down when he screamed as 2 techs drew an insane amount of blood for him. He was so upset I'm surprised he didn't puke. It was just awful watching that. I'm glad K took it so much better.
WOW...Two languages....That's wonderful! She is getting soooo big!
I'm impressed with how big she is, especially because I remember stressing about weight alongside you early on. It sounds like she is doing great!
Post a Comment