Friday, February 18, 2011

Sushi dinner

I was a bad mommy tonight and let K try pretty much all of our Japanese dinner, including a little sushi tuna, seaweed from the miso soup, chicken yakitori and teriyaki, and tempura veggies. It was pretty easy to feed her with chopsticks. Must try it again soon! DH was paranoid that she was rubbing her eyes because she'd gotten wasabi in them, rather than just 'cause she was tired.
She slept a record 15 hours last night. I couldn't believe it when I came home and our nanny said she didn't wake up till after 11am! Now if she could just do the same over the weekend...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That's pretty adventurous! I guess the raw nature of some of the food might be a concern, but probably not a big deal for a healthy baby. But the sodium might be high (miso). I myself cannot eat seaweed because it makes me breakout. And I used to really like vegetarian sushi, but my skin always paid dearly.

IF Optimist, then... said...

Yay for bad mommies! I'll bet in Japan, 11 month kiddos eat this stuff all the time. Funny how we forget these things. I don't think the average thai baby eats unspicy foods. Y'know what I mean? 15 hours of uninterrupted sleep seems like a dream. Does it really ever happen? Ha ha ha!

Michelle said...

That's awesome!! She's going to be an adventurous girl!! Better than a picky eater...

We're always feeding our kids new and different foods. They usually don't like whatever it is but it is most important they at least try something new because sometimes they DO like it. Don't worry about the raw tuna at all!! As long as you know the place and are positive they use only the freshest ingredients, I can't see it being a problem at all.

I always chuckle at people who chastise me for this or that. Like eating raw cookie batter because it has uncooked eggs in it... umm, fried eggs over-easy also have raw egg yolk in them. Or beef cooked to medium... or pork with hint of pink throughout...

Ask them if they PUMPED AND BOTTLE-FED their baby BREASTMILK until a year old? LOL

Anonymous said...

Fancy shmancy baby eating sushi already! :) She's going to have expensive taste!