Today, DH turned 44. I got him a card from K that was pretty cute. His present was getting to take a week off work and go to his annual music festival the week of K's birthday. Last year, he had to miss out on it for the first time in something like 14 years because K was scheduled to be a newborn during that week. Of course, since I was induced when she was 10 days past her due date, she ended up being born right in the middle of the annual festival. His friends had to laugh that he was going to end up with the conflict of having to miss either the festival or K's birthday every year from now on. He thinks we should celebrate a few days early so that he won't miss her first birthday this year, but I don't think it's right to have the cake and sing the song when it's not her actual birthday. I guess she can open her presents from us a little early, but I'm still planning to make the cake/cupcakes for her (and my mother's) actual birthday on the 16th.
We had our first dinner all together at home tonight. K had some cauliflower, noodles with cheese, and some of our pork, still tainted with the curry and nut stuffing that we ate. She loved the pork the most.
Poor girl is having a rough night so far - she's woken up crying twice, but goes back to sleep quickly. It's a good thing she slept better during her nap this afternoon when we finally decided to sneak in a little action for the first time in nearly 2 years. Can I just say that it hurt more than it did when I had sex for the first time ever at 19? Things definitely felt different down there, and I sure hope it stops hurting soon. I don't know if they put things back together a little differently, or if I just have some scar tissue, or what, but ouch. I certainly should be well-healed by over 11 months out! It was also very weird to have non-babymaking sex for the first time in years, cause all the sex in living memory was pretty much for one purpose only. Sex for the fun of it just wasn't in the cards any more. We'll see if it ends up in the cards again now - it'll have to stop hurting for that to happen though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh dear! When I saw your title, I could not resist sitting on your doorstep to hear about your very hot night.
I kept reading, wondering when you would get to the title part.
Well, sorry about the hurt. Though it's has been a long time ago, I still remember the first time I did it after my son's birth and I did feel as though I was a second-time virgin. I had wondered too if the doctor had stitched up more than he should have, but I didn't mind.
It will get better and vaginal birth doesn't do as much damage as some people think it does.
(I better stop writing).
Yowzers, I also felt like a reborn virgin during the first postpartum action!
hi! i think that's great blog, and subject it's most important. I don't have children, but I like reading Your blog.
greetings around Polish and I am inviting you to my blog
www.kyodays.blogspot.com
Oh man -
Yes, I remember quite vividly getting back into the saddle...if you can believe it, we had sex about 3 months after M was born!! And I remember talking with my doc about it and she said that it's likely the scar tissue that is causing the discomfort...but as time goes on, the pain lessens and intimacy is just like it used to be now. Keep at it! ;)
Can you believe the babies will be one soon??? Are you having a party for her? How nice for your hubby to be able to go the festival...
Happy Birthday DH, he got all kinds of rewards for reaching 44. Congrats on popping your cherry, hope it's more enjoyable next time.
Post a Comment