The provera did its job, and I'm now on CD5 of cycle #30 (that I've been charting). I saw Dr. D on CD3 for a baseline ultrasound, and she said my lining looked fine and I had lots of antral follicles. I sure hope they're antral follicles and not just a bunch of useless little PCOS cysts. She squeezed me in mid-morning for the scan, since she hadn't given me enough notice to warn people at work that I might be late from an early-morning one, and then was rushing to get on to the rest of her patients. She gave me a script for femara, and I *think* said she'd give me a script for Gonal-F on Sunday at my next ultrasound to start injections Monday. Now most pharmacies don't keep the stuff in stock, and take about a day to get it in, so I don't know if my usual pharmacy will get it in in time for Monday's shot. If not, I guess I'll have to send DH on a bike marathon up to a pharmacy 18km away that specializes in infertility drugs and should have it in stock. At least it'll get him some exercise.
I also got a little stressed this week about possibly having to change my final year rotations around a little bit, since one of the hospitals is short of residents and would love an extra body. I sent a huge long email to my program director (the one who'd asked me to consider the change), saying that my main concern is that I might have more trouble pursuing the fertility treatments while I'm there, since my RE and Dr. D are both right across the street from my current hospital. If he can figure out whether they'd let me out a little early for an ultrasound a couple times a month, I'd be willing to make the switch.
I guess that's about it for now. My mother seems finally resigned to the idea that we're needing extra help to get pregnant. She kept going on and on about just relaxing and stopping treatments being all I need to get pregnant before, but seems to have been reading more articles lately about how common infertility and ART are these days. She was even asking how much longer we go on like this before moving on to IVF. I'm assuming 3-4 months.
Hopefully we'll have success sometime soon. I'm feeling more and more like a second-class citizen in my own family. My Dad lives overseas, and rarely sees me and DH when he comes back to North America. He usually takes 95% of his time to go see my brother and his two kids. And my Mom seems to be down there visiting at least once every couple of months. We get visited about twice a year if we're lucky. I suppose DH probably prefers it that way, but I find it a little insulting that we're not "attractive" without grandchildren.
Hopefully my U/S and bloodwork tomorrow morning are good and get me started on the Gonal-F. Who knew I'd be excited to be giving myself more shots? Good thing I'm a doctor and not needle phobic, cause there's no way DH would be involved in that side of things.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment