Monday, July 21, 2008

First Gonal-F shot tonight

I'm pretty excited. I've been debating what the best time will be for me to do these, and I'm guessing around dinnertime - 7pm or so. I'm on call on Friday and Monday nights, so hopefully I'll be able to target a similar time for the shots those nights (if I'm still needing them). They'll have to let me have a break for dinner at some point, or else I'll just be shooting up my Gonal-F behind the drapes in the OR.

I've now got my HSG scheduled for Wed morning (CD9). I'll have to remember to take in some painkillers to work. I'm feeling a little bad because I'd told them I might be a bit late because of my bef0re-work appointment for the ultrasound. And then when I added in the "test" from 10:50-11:30 or so, they just wrote on the booking sheet that I won't be in till noon. I'm still going to try to get there for the first case, and then just get relief by 10:45 so I can make it to radiology on time. I guess they just book it that way so that there will be one staff assigned to just me, so that there's someone easily available to cover for my absence. I hope I don't have to continue getting too stressed out about these things!

In other news, I decided to do my own little volume test on DH last night, and he certainly had over 1cc of semen, which isn't anywhere near as bad as 0.5mL in my mind. He's got the urologist appointment on Aug 15th now. They apparently want us to bring along $100, though they didn't say why when I spoke to them on the phone. I'd have thought most workup stuff is covered by OHIP? Hopefully we'll get a BFP and will be able to cancel our appointment, though I suppose that would be a little cocky of us, so early on in pregnancy, just to save $100.

No comments: