Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Three molars (or is it four?)!

I finally thought to risk putting my finger into K's mouth again tonight after brushing teeth. Her bottom left molar is really through the gum now, with the top right a little less through. The bottom right one is finally poking through, and I think there might be one point of the top left one that's just barely though. For all this teething, she's doing pretty decently mood-wise.
I wonder if the temper tantrums are starting up already. She flipped out after dinner when I wouldn't let her run around with a cup of water in her hands. When I took it away from her, she started trying to bat it out of my hand, crying all the while. Then she ended up throwing herself on my lap face-down, and bashed her forehead on the floor when her feet slipped out from under her. Luckily, it was only from a height of a couple inches. Eventually she calmed down enough to sit on the floor to drink like I'd asked her to. We'll see whether she goes along with it tomorrow again or not.
She's started to say "no" as well as "nein". She regularly points to her nose and eyes and calls them by name. She'll throw paper in the recycling if you ask her to, or toss something in the garbage for you.
Last Thursday, I was home after call and our nanny stayed home with K since I was there in the afternoon. They did a little demo off K's "reading" skills. She has a book of first words, and sounded like she was saying baby versions of boy, girl, ball, teddy, fish, and shoes. When they came to the pages that showed pants and socks, she started plucking at her pants and her socks. She'll say "up please" and will walk into the kitchen with her cup, hold it up to the water dispenser on the fridge and say "more". Clever!
She's just so much fun these days.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Awe! She is growing up way tooo fast!