We went back to our IVF clinic yesterday to find out about FET cycles. DH is not on board yet, and I'd start right away if I could. I'm not sure how we're going to resolve this one. We've still got four blasts on ice, and I'd like to give them a chance. Dr H said there's only about a 20% chance of success if we transfer 2 good blasts, though he did say recently he's been seeing about a 30% success rate.
I've got to get bloodwork updated. My Hep and HIV tests from my last needlestick in July will be outdated by the new year. I'm also supposed to get a VDRL test done and check my immune status for all the stuff like rubella etc. Dr H recommended having another sonohysterogram done to be sure the uterus looks good, so I'll likely go ahead and do that too.
Then the protocol seems to be: call in day1, get a scan and baseline bloodwork on day3 to make sure all's good to go, then start estrace 4mg PV BID from day3. He said I'd do that for 10 days and come in for a scan and bloodwork, and if all looked good, then I'd add in prometrium 200mg PV TID. I'd get PIO 50mg IMx1 1h before transfer (to calm the uterus) and do an ultrasound-guided embryo transfer on day 5 of prometrium.
It sounds like a walk in the park compared to a fresh cycle. I'd only have a few days where I'd have to fiddle around to get time off work. And it would only cost about $2175, which is charged only when the embryos are transferred. If you don't have any to transfer after thawing, you don't get charged for the cycle. They would plan to thaw to transfer 2 high quality embryos. I didn't remember to ask what the twins rate is for transferring 2, or what the pregnancy rate is for transferring only 1. He did say that he doesn't do an endometrial biopsy at the end of the previous cycle, nor does he like to time it by using the birth control pill, because he finds it affects the lining for the next cycle.
So DH will need a little more time to come around. I just hope he agrees to it. He did mention the word "divorce" if I were to push him into it, and I don't know how serious he was being or not. He says K is so perfect, how could we ever get so lucky again. I'd just really like for her to have a sibling to play with and love. And I'd love another baby to cuddle and love and watch grow into an interesting little being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't think it was too nice of him to throw the word divorce in there for wanting another child... although I understand that you can't force it. What kind of conversations about frozen embryos when you were doing IVF? If he as ever had any experience taking care of an aging parent then he might appreciate how important it is to have a good sibling to share the burden. And nothing is sadder than people in old folks homes that don't have anyone to visit (although I'm sure K would, but it's a lot for one kid).
When your machine looses it's timing it usually is skipping stitches but it can be even more catastrophic if you really jam it up. If you google "how to fix your sewing machine timing" you'll find some descriptions of how the needle, feed dogs, and hook should align at different times during... or you could just take it into someone. Timing is really something that you probably shouldn't try to fix yourself, so you're going to have to take it somewhere anyhow.
I hope you are able to resolve your conflicting opinions soon. We are in a similar place in that I would love to try to be PG again, but my DH is completely against more children. I know that he will not change his mind, so I'm trying to learn to accept that. Good luck changing yours!
Post a Comment