Monday, October 24, 2011

14 years ago tonight

(Shoot. Autosave just erased my autosaved post as I was trying to copy the text in case something messed things up. )
was our first date. We celebrated by going out to dinner with a high-maintenance version of K, and then watched TV shows and drank sparkling wine togethether on the couch. Romantic evening... I'd feel guilty asking our nanny to stay late to let us go out to dinner together, and so far we have no other babysitter. My Mom has kept an ear out twice after we'd put her to bed, but I haven't gotten my Dad to do that yet. Mabye in another couple months when she knows him better...
K's vocabularly is increasing in leaps and bounds now. I can't keep track of new words much any more. Some of the new ones are "Bau" (Baum = tree), "Batt" (Blatt = leaf), "Teega" (Tiger), "Meech" (Milch = milk), and "Halsch" (Hals = neck). She now walks around the house looking for her doll and saying "Baby where ahr you". It's just too cute for words.
She runs around all over, and has started tiptoeing around at times. She can still walk normally, so I'm not too worried about short Achilles tendons or anything. When she sets a martial song going on her old jumperoo piano insert, she'll shake her body and head pretty well in time with the rhythm of the song. She'll also sing "E-I-E-I-O" and get excited if you sing the whole song for her.
She's getting fairly headstrong at times. On one weekend morning this weekend, I did something against her wishes, and she got the most evil look on her little face and then grabbed my neck. I thought she was going to dig in the little fingernails in and really hurt me, but she didn't. I wonder what she'll be like next year when she's really into the terrible twos.
She and I had fun decorating a bit for Hallowe'en tonight. She helped me stick fluorescent theme stickers on our front door, and was sad when we ran out of ones to stick up there.
K's obsessed with dolls these days. She's always looking for her baby, and over the weekend (and today), was insisting on having her doll or bear swaddled up in her towel or a blanket. It's pretty cute when she's wandering around carrying her baby, but she gets very pissed if you're not fast enough to help her pack the baby up.
I'm getting a little more obsessed with baby #2, but DH still hasn't agreed to move ahead with the FET yet. Hope he changes his mind soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The toe walking and love of baby dolls sounds just like our Emma! And happy anniversary!