(otherwise known as clean your teeth) is what K hears after her bottle every night before bed. Then I pick up the wet cloth and clean off her teeth while she lies back on my lap. Occasionally she fights it, but mostly she goes along with it. The last 2-3 nights, K has finished her bottle, leaned back and grabbed the cloth, and started to try to clean her own teeth while grinning a little. She's so cute!
K can now say "Daisy" (the name of the dog across the street) very clearly. She hasn't added too many other words to her vocabularly yet though. I try to get her to repeat "meow" when we look at pictures of cats, but that hasn't worked. She seems to say "woof woof" for most animal noises.
K is obsessed with cell phones and keys these days. She can easily entertain herself for a long time by trying to put my house key into the door lock. She'll also ignore me when I come home in favour of bypassing me to head for the keys.
She's been helping us get her dressed and undressed for a while now, lifting her arms up when you start to take off her t-shirt. She'll also lift up her feet one at a time to get her shoes put on or taken off. She'll take off my glasses and put them on herself.
K's been swimming at the pool at my Dad's condo a few times now, and seems to get more comfortable with the water each time. Last time she even managed to blow some bubbles once. She'll "jump" in from the side from a sitting position if you hold her hands, and likes to be floated around on her tummy. If you try lying her on her back to float, she isn't impressed at all - I almost think she just hates getting water in her ears.
She's such a fun little girl these days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds great! I always thought I'd like the newborn stage better than the toddler (mostly for the cuddling) but I'm definitely loving how much fun my kid is getting to be these days too.
It's so fun to hear what other kids the same age as yours are doing. Meow is a hard one- Sam and Anna haven't picked that up either. I think Woof, Baa, and Moo are the easiest sounds for my duo to make. Haven't gotten them to make more than that, although I'm trying for Roar! for a lion, because I think it will be super cute when they do that!
Post a Comment