Saturday, July 2, 2011

K's finally interested in reading

Yesterday was the first time I really noticed K bringing a book over to me and sitting on my lap on the floor to take a look at it. Today, she spent a good 15min or more bringing me book after book to read with her. Some books I had to read more than 5 times before she tired of them and she'd go pick something else.
Up till now, I'd been despairing of her ever really getting interested in reading with me (I LOVE to read and am a complete bookworm myself). Sure she'd sit with me when I got a book and grabbed her for a cuddle, but she'd skip pages and would be quickly wiggling to be put back down again.
I hope she turns into a little bookworm just like me, because I'm so looking forward to reading some of my childhood favourites again with her.

2 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

How exciting! It is so much easier to share books when they aren't off on the move again.

Victoria said...

So sweet.