Kara's starting to say a little more now. Mum was visiting this week, and I swear I heard her say something that sounded like "Ganma". She also says "nein" very appropriately, and will say "teddy" for both her teddy and babies. She's learned to say "up" when she wants to get lifted up onto a chair. And she'll say "daisy" and look out the window when you ask her where Daisy (the neighbour's dog) is.
She seems to be understanding more. When I tell her to come put her shoes on, she'll walk over to me and start lifting up her feet for me. If I ask her to bring a book to read, she'll go over to her bookshelf and pick something out.
Mum says that she can stack a couple blocks on top of each other, and that she can also point to a few different body parts when they're named in English. I haven't seen that myself yet. She's very good at picking out my door key from my key ring and putting it into the door lock. That takes quite a bit of fine motor coordination. She can scribble a bit with crayons too.
Switching to milk from a cup is still not going well. She's had about a week of no afternoon bottle, and will say "nein" and push away any sippy or cup that contains milk once she's tasted it or sees the milk in there. I'm planning to drop the morning bottle this weekend, and the bedtime bottle the weekend after that. We'll see how that goes. DH is a very reluctant participant in this little fight.
For the last few days, she's also been very unwilling to sit in her high chair for meals, wanting to be held on our laps instead. I'm going to start winning this battle now that Mum's here and not looking so pained to hear her cry. She can really get herself worked up these days if she doesn't get her way.
I have a feeling the 2s and 3s are going to be very interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hear ya on the fear of what 2 and 3 might look like. It's crazy how much of a fuss a 15 month old can put up over something like a high chair. Hope your patience is hanging in there. :) Viel glueck!
I guess she wants to feel like a big girl and get away from the high chair. Keep the talking going.
Post a Comment