Tuesday, April 12, 2011
5 teeth and rough nights
K has now cut tooth #5. First was the bottom left incisor, then the bottom right one, then the upper left lateral incisor, then the upper right incisor, and now the upper right lateral incisor. She used to love to chew on her little rubber toothbrush, but no longer will let me put it in her mouth. I have to resort to the cloth-on-finger technique for cleaning off the teeth after her morning and bedtime bottles. We had a really rough night last night. I've still been having trouble with insomnia even though the anxiety seems a lot better for the most part, and was so disappointed to be awoken by a screaming K at 1am. I spent the next 20 min or so camped out on her bedroom floor, but the instant I thought she might be sleeping and tried to stand up to leave, she'd start screaming again. DH came in to trade off with me, but had no more success than I did. He changed her diaper, thinking maybe it was dirty. It wasn't. And then the trading off went on for a total of nearly 2 hours, with a happy and fully awake K screaming for attention any time we tried to put her back to bed. Finally at the end (after DH caved in on CIO once, saying he was sure something was wrong with her, which I didn't believe), he agreed to give her 5 minutes to cry before going back in. And she managed to settle herself off to sleep within those 5 minutes. I think us going in so much was just stimulating her more and keeping her from going back to sleep. I managed to get back to sleep after that, only to be rudely awoken 4 hours later by a backhoe dumping concrete blocks into a dump truck a few doors down. I guess that construction site will be waking us early quite often the next few months as they build the new house where they've torn down an old bungalow. I hope the construction process isn't too painful! Here's hoping I have a better night tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry for the rough nights. I know the feeling - every night is rough here. It sure makes going to work the next morning tough. Sleep well tonight!
Sounds like a good title for a book. Hope the nights (sleep) gets better.
Post a Comment