Friday, April 15, 2011
Is she really speaking?
I find it hard to tell if K's trying to speak or not, but today when we were getting ready to take her for a walk to the library and our nanny was getting ready to head home for the weekend, I think I heard K say "goodbye" pretty clearly. A couple of times. And after one of them, she even waved. Her other cute phrase these days is "uh-oh". She'll say it randomly, but will also say it when she drops something. She certainly hasn't said any German words yet, and hasn't said "mama" in months. It will be interesting to see how the bilingual home works for her, and if it will significantly delay her language development.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
A good friend of mine is French living in the UK and she and her husband speak French at home, she is often on the phone speaking French or skyping family in France. Her 17 mth old daughter speaks a few words of English and of French, interestingly she hasn't yet learned there are two words for one thing, one in each language, she has just selected one of the languages and gone with it. So she says "bye bye" when she waves but points at cats and says "chat" very distinctively.
Yes, she's speaking! All those attempts count! Yeah, K!
I never knew you bring your little girl up bilingual, too. I have been reading your blog for a while now and am always excited to find out what lies ahead of us. My little girl is now almost 10 months old and we speak English and German to her, too. German being her first language as I am home with her most. Hope it will work out!
Post a Comment