Saturday, January 17, 2009

11dpo and counting

Still BFN. Started POAS yesterday in the hopes that one of the 4 follicles might have turned into something. Not so far. I keep pulling the dried pee sticks out of their little package to stare at them for the 10th time today to see if there mightn't be the faintest hint of a line. Never mind that it's only ever evaps... At least the OPK got a little darker today.
I really really really wish this round would be it, so I could get a sex-for-fun sex life back, and stop worrying about timing of scans and bloodwork and BD/IUI and how it will fit into my schedule as a lowly resident. And then I think that it'll likely only be harder to squeeze things in next year when I'm out working as a staff somewhere. At least now there's someone backing me up, so I can say that I need to get out for a doctor's appointment. Next year (meaning as of July), not so much. And if I'm working up in the northwest end of the city, how will I be able to see my people downtown before work? Or drop off bloodwork? I just can't see it happening. Maybe I'd be able to make arrangements to just work in the consult clinic during the crucial weeks of whatever cycle? Assuming they have one set up. At least then it ought to start a little later in the morning.
Maybe I should just stop worrying about this for now and get on with studying. I can't believe how much time and energy TTCing has taken up for the last 3.25 years. And still no baby to show for it all...

No comments: