Saturday, May 17, 2008

CD4 all over again

Well, by the time I'd had an afternoon and evening of lower belly and back heaviness on Wed, I wasn't too surprised to start bleeding like crazy that night. Upset of course, but not surprised.

The next day I finally got DH to go to my RE appointment with me, despite his incredibly busy day at work. This was the second time in over 1.5 years of me seeing her that he came along. I think it ended up being a really good idea though, since she's now referred him to a urologist and has set him up for bloodwork, a post-ejaculation urinalysis, and a transrectal ultrasound to check out prostate, ejaculatory ducts etc. I hope he'll get right on that when he gets back from his current business trip, so that when we finally get the urologist appointment (who knows how long that'll take) we'll have some basic tests for him. I hope we can find something fixable that explains the low low semen volume.

Otherwise, she seemed reasonably happy with my last cycle. Apparently the luteal bloodwork was finally normal on the estrogen and progesterone, which it hadn't been since July 07. I'm supposed to continue with the letrazole and the same luteal support for a total of 6 cycles, and we'll see what happens. She's having me do another follicular ultrasound series in July to see what's really going on in terms of follicular growth and rupture etc. It's just too bad I can't get on with it till July, when I'm finally working in a hospital convenient to the ultrasound places.

Now I have to go on the search for carnitine and oil of oregano supplements for DH. I hope they do the trick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm obviously sad that you are having to go through all this, but it sounds like you have a great doctor who really wants to cover every available base to make sure you and DH get where you want to be. Here's hoping you get everything you dream of.