Since I'd had Christmas off, I was on call a few times over the New Year's block. Strangely, around 14dpo, the spotting started to taper off to just light brown CM. I had DH drop off bloodwork for me on 17dpo as I had to head into work. The next morning, there was still no sign of AF and the spotting had disappeared, so I peed on two out of the hundred or so pee sticks I've used since starting to TTC. I started out with an OPK cause I had more of them on hand, and it was waaay +. And then I tried a HPT, and it was + too. Not any wimpy little line, but pretty darn dark. Even so, I didn't know if I could believe it because I'd been on HCG luteal support, and I'd messed up and take it 3/6/9/12dpo rather than the 3/5/7/9dpo it was prescribed. Although I'd taken some 4-5 days post-HCG shot tests before, and they weren't nearly as dark:
I went home freaked out and sweating, and dying to tell DH, who was still sleeping peacefully. I'd bought him a card with baby footprints on the front a while before, so I wrote him a note in it and put it on his desk. When he finally got up a couple hours later, I told him to have a look there. I heard him pick it up and read it, and then there was a minute of complete silence. And then he shuffled out of the office completely pale and and shocked looking - I swear he almost collapsed. All he could say was "Is it true?"
It took him a few days to start to come around to the idea, and then he became excited as well as terrified. I had trouble sleeping the first few days because of my cold and the excitment of it all, and finally heard back from the RE who wanted me to repeat the beta in a few more days and then see her.

No comments:
Post a Comment