Wednesday, October 3, 2012

She's still growing...

Last Saturday while I was at a conference and on call, K started into her "Why?" phase. I'd been getting a little worried that she wasn't questioning things as much as other kids her age seem to, but I don't think that's a concern any more. Tonight she saw a brown thing on the sidewalk while scooting along on her balance bike (which she's finally gotten good at sitting on and pushing with her feet in the last week). She asked "Ist das Hundekaka?"  (Is that dog poop?), and when I said no, it looked like Ia part of a plant, she asked: "Warum?" (why). I can't say I had a good reason why it was dog poop, so she never got a good answer from me. When I ask her "why" about anything, all she says is "Ja" (yes). I wonder how long it will take her to start thinking of real answers.
K regressed a titch yesterday - she had her first major puddle on the floor since the morning of the first day we started potty training at 22.5 months. She just said "uh-oh", spread her knees apart, and watched the puddle grow before starting to cry about her wet pants. I told her to stop peeing a couple times, but she just couldn't, who knows why. Normally she gets 2 drops on her panties and tells us they're wet and she needs to go pee. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, as she's always been so amazing with the potty training.
When brushing her teeth before bed tonight, I noticed a glint of white in her gum at the bottom right in the back, and sure enough, her first two year molar is coming through. The bottom left looks like it's about to break skin too, and after that, there will only be two more teeth to go. I wonder if teething is what's making her sleep so crummy these days - she's often getting up 1-2 times a night.
Now I'm just hoping DH will feel up to a little action in the sack tonight. I managed to jump him last Sunday and the EWCM has continued since then, with a possibly positive OPK last night. Unfortunately, he's got some kind of viral infection this week, with tons of little oral ulcers after some insane myalgias on the first day. I hope he's feeling better soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love how little ones assume everything small and brown is poop of one kind or another! Hopefully the teeth pop in quickly.