I guess I should be better about updating my blog. When all you ever get is crappy news, it's hard to gather the energy to do it. My next beta came back at 280, and all we could see on the scan was blood in the uterus, so I stopped my masses of progesterone and bled for 6 days and spotted for another 7 after that. Oh joy.
Dr D didn't want me to start on femara again until she was sure my uterus was totally cleared out, so she made me wait till CD8. Of course normally you start on CD2-5 while AF is still ongoing, so that seemed way late to me. Then we saw one follicle starting to take off on the L ovary. She wanted me to do an extra couple days of femara, but I had a little think to myself about the mechanism of action (inhibits conversion of something to estrogen in the ovary, so the pituitary sees less circulating estrogen and sends out more FSH), and decided that my super-thin lining and nonexistant estradiol levels were probably due to the late femara and still being on it. So I did 4 days of Gonal-F, monitoring myself with an ultrasound. I got caught by one of the staff popping into one of the hospitals I've worked at this year, who promptly asked what I was doing there on a Sunday morning when I no longer work there, and then assumed I must be pregnant when I said I needed to scan something. I had to disabuse him of that idea pretty quickly, and then later emailed him the real explanation so that he wouldn't feel the need to gossip about it with the rest of the group to sort out what the hell I might have been up to. I triggered on CD17 with a pretty low E2 of only about 488, but hope that might have given DH and me a faint shot in hell because he was heading out of town the next morning for the rest of the week. The follicle was 24x20mm at that point, and collapsed nicely over the next 2 days. Now I'm back on progesterone in the 2ww.
I went in for my sonohysterogram repeat today. R ovary plump (normal size is 10-12cc) at 15cc, and the L one gigantic at 45cc. There was only one corpus luteum cyst over there though, so I'm not really sure why it was so big. Blood flow was decent to the R ovary baby follicles, and crummy to the corpus luteum. Endometrium was unremarkable. He couldn't get the catheter through my cervix to inject the saline (and asked if I might have cervical stenosis - I sure hope not!), but managed to get a little in with a bolus dose to be able to rule out polyps or submucosal fibroids. So supposedly anatomically everything still looks fine.
Now I wait. I have about 0.5% hope for this cycle. Maybe the next one where I intend to take femara + Gonal-F + HCG trigger while on vacation (unmonitored) will do the trick?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment