Monday, October 20, 2008

Could it be?

With no symptoms one way or the other, and wanting to stop the progesterone to get going on the next cycle if things were negative (in order to make our timing for the next two tries better), I caved in and tested at 14dpiui#2 last Tuesday. Amazingly the beta came back at 37, which I thought was low, but probably not just leftover HCG trigger. And I tested again on Thursday, and it had more than doubled to 105.

Last Wed I started bleeding, just a little brownish spotting at that point. And Thursday night had some bright red along with it. And then Friday was worse, despite about 400mg progesterone suppositories three times a day. I was on call that day, and when my staff asked me that morning if DH and I had kids, I said not yet, but I was just barely pregnant and bleeding already. She gave me lots of breaks throughout the day, so I could take it pretty easy.

Then I had to move on and take over another case, and brought that one to recovery room slightly before 7pm. A couple of the staff were hanging around there, and one of them asked me if I was looking forward to a busy night. I'd gotten more upset about the bleeding over the course of the day, so I said not really, I'm barely pregnant and bleeding heavily. And they asked why I'd even come to work, and told me I should have called in sick. Then they made arrangements for the fellow to stay and take my call, and sent me home. Told me not to come back Sunday either.

Well, the bleeding was heavier that night, sort of light AF-like with dark red bleeding for the most part. But when I checked my beta again on Saturday, it had doubled again to 257. I've been laying low since then. Bleeding seems to be a little in the morning when I get up, and then worse in the evening, but not too bad in the afternoon. And I get a little bit of an uncomfortable feeling in my back and lower abdo sometimes in the evening.

And then today, it had gone up to 580. So although low for this stage, it's climbing like it's supposed to. I'm happy for now. I hope I can keep on being happy for the next 9 months.

Next up: bloodwork and a scan on Wed to look for a gestational sac. Boy, do I ever hope we find one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this in my blog reading?! How are things going now?