It's been a really long time since I posted. Last cycle was, as predicted, a BFN. But amazingly when I went in on CD2 for a bloodwork/ultrasound baseline check, and said that the two cysts I'd developed on the previous injects cycle had disappeared a week or so into the natural cycle (and that I'd scanned myself at work to find this out), Dr D agreed to let me help her with the cycle monitoring from afar. This meant that I had to scan myself daily and do bloodwork daily, and then email her or phone her with the information while she was out of town at a conference.
So we did a slow and steady stim with 7.5mg letrozole from CD2-6, and 75IU Gonal-F from CD5-11, and then bumped up the dose slithgly on CD12 and 13, with HCG trigger of 5000IU on CD14 and 15. The follicles took some time to grow, and of the 4 that we started out with on CD7, I ended up with two on CD14. There was a third one, I think, but that doesn't seem to have ruptured.
I evilly checked DHs semen analysis results myself, and found they reported his motility to be just over 7%, with pathetically small volumes. When I told Dr. D this, she decided that we should think about adding IUIs in if the timing worked out. Poor DH had troubles with me helping him to collect his specimen for the first IUI (lost his "production capability" as I reached for the container), but luckily he's improved his own collection technique and was able to get a good sample of over 1mL with 38million sperm and 60% motility per Dr. D. After wash things were looking even better. The first IUI wasn't so fun, since she used a fairly inflexible catheter to inject the boys in, but the next day (over 50h after the first trigger, with one follicle already gone and the other collapsed to half the previous size) she used a baby feeding tube, and it went in more easily despite my cervix being more closed.
So now I'm at 6dpo and surviving my 2ww. I'm doing acupuncture and traditional chinese herbs too this cycle, so I hope things work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck!
Post a Comment