K seems so grown up lately. She's now in SK with the same awesome teachers as last year. The class is 27 kids, 2 teachers, and is a little more challenging as there's one kid with ASD (autism spectrum) who needs a lot of individual attention. His parents don't recognize/admit that he's different from the rest, despite having a "normal" older child. I'm particularly proud of my amazing kid as she is one of the few kids in the class who has befriended him, has enjoyed a couple playdates with him after school, and has asked to invite him to her birthday party.
She spent the whole time we were in India on vacation telling us that she'd rather be at school with her friends, and that she was missing out on all sorts of stuff and wanted to be back home with her nanny. She lived on roti and naan bread after deciding that the dishes we had her try during the first couple days were all too spicy. She and I were pretty popular with a lot of Indians, who all wanted to take photos with the tall white people.
She spent the whole time we were in India on vacation telling us that she'd rather be at school with her friends, and that she was missing out on all sorts of stuff and wanted to be back home with her nanny. She lived on roti and naan bread after deciding that the dishes we had her try during the first couple days were all too spicy. She and I were pretty popular with a lot of Indians, who all wanted to take photos with the tall white people.
K stuffed a little bralet (that I bought on super discount well ahead of when she'll need it) with Kleenex this past weekend to make "boobies" for herself so she can more realistically play Mama with her doll. I didn't think I'd see that till she was a teen... She also has a teenage attitude at times, conveniently ignoring anything that we ask her to do and talking back a lot. Hoping to nip that in the bud soon.
Overall, she's still very sweet, generous, loving, and kind-hearted. We're beyond blessed to have her as our daughter!
Overall, she's still very sweet, generous, loving, and kind-hearted. We're beyond blessed to have her as our daughter!


2 comments:
I hope K has a wonderful birthday, and that the events around your stepsister's new baby don't sting too much.
I am so proud that you were brave enough to take her to India. We took our son too, and had an incredible holiday.
I'm not sure that selective hearing can be fixed very easily at any age.
Kate, it's been so long and your daughter is grown. So happy to see you both.
Post a Comment