Yesterday we took K to go to a party and wanted to bring a present for the new baby. She picked out a couple stuffed animals which we put in a gift bag, and then I told her to put it near my jacket so we wouldn't forget to bring it along.
DH later asked where we'd put the present, and I said "K hat's dahingelegt" (=K laid it over there), and K corrected me, saying "Nein, ich hab's dahingestellt" (= no, I stood it over there). Of course, she had it right. I'm sure this will be the first of many times that she corrects my German.
She's coming out with so many interesting and complicated sentences these days. She'll even string together a bunch of sentences to create a whole story (not all of which always makes sense). I'm so proud of my girl!
If only she'd start going to bed better at naptime and bedtime, and would actually stay in bed at night, we'd be totally set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's amazing. I bet that soon she'll also be correcting your genders, too. She's such a bright little spark.
Post a Comment