Thursday, November 1, 2012

She says some pretty cute stuff now

When she woke up to find our power was out (went out at midnight, came back on next day at 7pm):  "Warum haben wir kein Strom?" (why don't we have power) Papa says "Wegen dem Sturm." (because of the storm) K says "Papa soll mehr kaufen." (Papa must buy more)

At Granddad's condo when stretching out on the loveseat in their eating area:  "Ich bin nicht lang genug um auf die andere Seite zu kommen" (I'm not long enough to reach the other side)

When I told her God made her. "Gott hat Dich geschafft?" (God made you?)  "Gott hat Papa geschaffen?" (God made Papa?). Then to Papa:  "Hat Gott Dein Penis geschaffen?"  (Did God make your penis?)  And to me the next night: "Hat Gott Deine Scheide geschaffen?" (Did God make your vagina?)


We took our little lion to a couple neighbours' houses to Trick-or-treat for the first time. She insisted on putting candy in her bucket at our house to take over to share. And then tried to give a candy bar to a nice woman across the street (who we've never met before) when she was trying to give K something herself. It was too cute. I think she had more fun staring out the front window again, waiting for the brave souls to come to our door despite the cold and rain. My favourite look of the night was the final group of teen boys who came along dressed in scary costumes. She excitedly went to the door, saw them, heard their Trick-or-treat, and her mouth fell open in an "O" of surprise and fear before she pulled it together and gave them each a candy. I bet next year will be even better.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That lion costume is adorable! I always enjoy reading the comments in German to see if I can figure them out. Sadly, my German is absolutely awful, but I often get the gist. She sounds ridiculously smart!

Kate said...

She is so so so so so so so so so so so insanely cute in that costume that it is almost unbearable. Seriously. CUTE. And so beautiful. I love this story even though it happened almost a month ago!

Peaches Ledwidge said...

So cute.