Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary (though we've been together for 14.5 years). I, of course, got AF completely out of the blue yesterday, when I thought I might actually ovulate soon but was wondering why the OPKs were getting lighter. So much for making good use of my final left-over femara pack and my low-stress vacation sexy time with DH.
At least now, the decision to wait till August to try our final frostie is made easy, since doing it in July would now be impossible if I wanted to keep the transfer date on one of my rare days off. We were planning to not do it in July anyhow as our usual RE is out of town on both possible transfer dates, and we decided that we'd rather finish the IVF journey with him as well.
I did have the phone consult, but it wasn't so satisfying, as he wouldn't really answer my questions on whether we can further optimize things to aim for success before I could tell him what our plan B is going ahead. I asked about whether timing of the endometrial biopsy makes a difference, whether the E2:P4 ratio is important for implantation, whether the protocol makes a difference, what our chances of success are etc. He says the chance of success is probably 5-10% at this point with our one final blast. He wanted me to come back after talking with DH to say when we'd like to cycle, and we'd sort the rest out. He said he'd also want to try out the Denver protocol on me, which Mo kindly detailed in one of her recent posts:
"I've been wondering about the other meds you've been on (prednisone/claritin/pepcid). What doses? When did you start them? How long did you stay on them for? I took Claritin (10 mg 1x/day) and Pepcid (20 mg 2x/day) starting a week before transfer, and took them throughout the first trimester, stopping at 12 weeks. I also took prednisone 5mg 2x/day throughout the first trimester, also beginning about a week before the transfer. All of these were supposed to help with recurrent pregnancy loss and were recommended by the Denver clinic."
I emailed back after discussions with DH went nowhere beyond "we agreed to use up the frozen ones, and then that's it". He refused to consider another fresh cycle or even something like femara and timed intercourse. Damn. Then I got an email back from the IVF nurse saying that I need to come in to get answers to the questions I'd already asked. Hopefully I can make that happen before our RE goes on vacation later this month.
Anyhow, off to bed. Seeing all the women pregnant or already with #2 and kids K's age continues to make me sad, and also makes me feel like I'm ungrateful for wishing for a second, when our first is so great. Hopefully I won't miss out on appreciating what I've got while I wish for what I don't have. I am so very grateful for my one healthy and happy girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment