Sunday, August 21, 2011

My smart little one

Today K was showing off for Grandma on Sky.pe. She managed to point to her head, eyes, ears, mouth toes, elbows, knees, and nose on command. It was very cute. She waved the cutest bye bye and sent blow-kisses to the camera too. I'll have to try to video it the next time.
This afternoon, I was making cottage cheese pancakes (she didn't like them, but I did) in the kitchen, and she really wanted to be picked up and held while they were cooking. She started reaching out and pointing vaguely towards things on the countertop, but I didn't want her to get close enough to grab the dirty dishes, so I never really figured out exactly what she wanted. Then we went back to the family room to play. She's got the Cari.boo game where she uses a plastic "key" to open doors and look for balls. We sat down beside that, and all of a sudden she stood up and took off towards the kitchen, where I heard her start saying "dit" (= das = that) many times. She came back out and met me as I was following her in, and walked back in, pointed up to the counter, and said "dit" again. Sure enough, she'd noticed that the plastic "key" was on the kitchen counter earlier, and remembered it enough to call me back into the kitchen to help her get it.
K's getting much better balance now. She's able to run around well, and knows enough to reach for a helping hand to get her safely up and down stairs (because of course she won't crawl up them now). On the playground equipment yesterday, there were these wide metal bars suspended by chain link segments to form a wobbly bridge (with a regular metal bridge a few cm underneath it of course). She used to just hold on to the chain link and step over the bars, but now she holds onto the handrail on each side of the bridge and will step up onto the metal bar with both feet, find her balance, and then start to waggle her hips back and forth. She even tried to step from one bar to the next while holding on tight, and nearly managed to catch her balance on the next one.
PS. I forgot to add that another of her favourite words for quite a while now is "nanana" (banana). She's really good at asking for it as a snack by name. And "ba" (Ball) and "teez" (cheese) are in the vocab too.
PPS. Molar #2 on the bottom left (#1 was top right) started poking through either Sat or Sun. Another one is really close too.

No comments: