K started walking for real (going places on her own, turning when necessary, rather than waiting for major encouragement to walk or just going a few steps without encouragement) on May 22nd, shortly before we had to head to the airport. Great timing, eh? DH was very anxious as she was toddling around at the airport gate, convinced someone was going to bash her with a piece of luggage or run into her.
She was wonderful on the plane, falling asleep shortly after take off and waking about 1.5 hours before landing when they turned the lights on again for breakfast. She got a little cranky then, but not too bad.
She started saying "nein nein" ("no no") yesterday when told not to go near the plants on the window sill, and she'll now wave bye-bye when we say "Tschuess" (bye in German).
She got to go swimming yesterday for the first time too. She was pretty good going in the water in the baby pool initially, but then fell on her bum and got unexpectedly wet in the coolish water, and got a little freaked out by that. It took a long time for her to want to go back in the water again, but after some ball-fetching in the water with her aunt, she finally got better. At the end of the afternoon, I was able to take her into the adult pool with me and get her wet up to her shoulders without having her freak out too much.
She's such a cutie these days, really very well behaved for the most part. She sometimes even tidies up, like when she pulled a stack of papers off a side table and proceeded to pick them back up one by one and put them back on top. Hopefully she'll stay a sweet little girl as she gets older!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's fun to see the walking isn't it? I'd rather have them up and walking rather than crawling all over yucky floors.
I wish Michael would tidy up occasionally. Sometimes we try to turn picking up into a game and that works until he's finished and then dumps (or throws) everything all over again. But I'm pretty messy so I guess I can't expect more of him than I do myself.
Oh, life is going to change for you guys now that K's walking - have fun!!! Where did you guys go?
Yeah, the fun part begins as she feels free to walk anywhere.
Glad she's a darling and hope you have a good vacation.
It's good that she's learning two languages.
Post a Comment