Well, I guess the German equivalent ("Du bist die beste beste beste beste beste beste Mama in der ganzen Welt") is something I thankfully hear on a daily basis around here. I think I need to record it before she stops thinking I'm wonderful. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it, but I'll take it while I can get it.
K is really quite amazing these days. We had her second dentist visit last week (first one they counted her teeth with one of the instruments), which was a total success. She came in to sit on my knee at the end of my appointment when the hygienist was polishing my teeth, and then we thought we'd start on K while waiting for the dentist to check on things to be efficient. Just after she'd gotten settled in the next cubby and the hygienist was looking down K's throat with the mirror, the dentist came in to get me. I asked if we should get her nanny in or if she'd be ok by herself, and she said she'd be fine alone. Sure enough, as I got my teeth checked over behind the partition, I could hear the hygienist asking K to open and close her mouth, tilt her head a bit more etc. By the time the dentist was finished with me, K was all done her polishing! She didn't have any plaque to scrape off, which was good news. The hygienist sounded a little concerned that she's been using fluoride toothpaste for probably a year now, but K is really very good about not swallowing any and just spits it all out and rinses well each time. I'm not worried. Then she was wonderful and cooperated for the fluoride treatment, doing better (of course) when she was able to sit up so the fluoride drips wouldn't go down her throat. I was so very proud!
She's starting to make much more interesting conversation these days too. Papa said that on the way back from the park yesterday, she asked him why people die. Then asked if he was going to die. And then asked if Mama and Papa die, who will look after her? I thought that was pretty clever. Every day when I come home from work, she wants to know what I "fixed" that day, and likes to hear details.
She now asks other kids at the park what their name is, and is a total fiend on the monkey bars. She can get on them on her own at the low end at B. park, and can swing by herself to the fourth bar easily. If you lift her up to the high end, she can swing about 6 bars before dropping to the ground. We also got her a bike with pedals that we took the training wheels off of at the beginning of June and 3y 1.5mo. Took her to the park June 8th, and after one fall into the grass, she did really well with me just holding her seat slightly to balance her when starting out. She's doing really well now - the balance bikes when they're smaller really help.
Lucky for me, my girl is still very snuggly. I lay down and cuddle with her for a couple minutes each night at bedtime (after watching some Shaun the Sheep or First Position - we're finally letting her watch a little TV now that she's 3). When she gets up and I'm at work, she often snuggles with Papa for a while before getting up for the day. She liberally bestows hugs and kisses, and likes to sit on my lap or nestled in my arm to read books.
A friend of mine is going through IVF/FET now, with 3 normal blasts frozen after two retrievals. I sure hope it works out for her the way it did for me. I can't imagine life without my darling girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow, she is super impressive! Even riding a bike and doing monkey bars??? That is amazing! You go, K! And I also often think "I need to capture this on video" b/c they move through the stages so quickly. Hopefully she'll always think you are the best mama in the whole world! And, if not, you can replay the video for her when she's 16!
Post a Comment